Remember how people used to judge your potential as a student on the basis of your grades? Now when you look at it, you may realize how unfair people are. They didn’t know how much effort did you put in all your tuition assignments, or how rigorously you studied for the exams. They would only judge you on the basis of your marks. In the professional field, it is all the same.
No matter how potential your business model is if it is not delivering significant ROI, it is considered a failure. Whether you are a potential in your fifth standard or an entrepreneur in the Silicon Valley, it is the result of your efforts that counts the most when it comes to measuring the success.
If you’re not quite satisfied with the ROI of your business or willing to outrun your competitors in terms of revenue, there are several tricks in digital marketing that can help you attain that.
Make your landing page more impactful:
You must already know that your landing page is the first thing that the visitors notice about your brand. So you can exploit that fact to your advantage and maximize the conversion rate, which will automatically boost your ROI. If you haven’t updated your landing pages in the recent times, you are missing out on a lot of opportunities.
Having several impressive landing pages can not only increase your conversion rate but also improves the click-through rates. In fact, having more than 40 landing pages can improve lead generation by 12 times than those brands which offer five or fewer landing pages. Here are a few things that you can do to make your landing pages more impactful:
- Create impressive titles and sub-titles.
- Use images and graphics that complement your business.
- Address the needs and pain areas of our target audience.
- Describe how your services can add value to the customers.
- Introduce calls to action (CTAs) alongside actionable content.
- Offer discounts and free stuff (like ebooks).
Apply these tricks on your landing pages and witness the significant change in your ROI.
Level-up your game with inbound marketing:
In 2018, the cold-calls and chain-mails have lost its relevance. If your company is still practicing those age-old tricks, you should know where you are lacking. It is the era of inbound marketing, which offers a plethora of benefits by leveraging SEO techniques and content marketing strategies. This highly effective marketing approach was introduced by HubSpot in 2006, and if you haven’t integrated it into your marketing strategy yet, you know where you are lacking.
The basic objective of inbound marketing is converting a stranger into a loyal customer who will further spread the word on behalf of your brand as a promoter. You can guess how that approach can boost your ROI in today’s competitive market. There are 4 stages:
- Attract: Here, you need to attract strangers to your websites with a great piece of content, social media posts, and SEO activities, and turn them into a visitor.
- Convert: Once you have new visitors, your goal should be to turn them into leads in this stage, using calls-to-action, impressive landing pages, and forms.
- Close: In this stage, you need to convert those leads into customers. You can close the deal using marketing automation, email, CRM and closed-loop reporting.
- Delight: In the final stage, you need to maintain a better relationship with the current customer through social media interactions, CTAs, surveys and sending nurturing emails.
As you can understand, this is a more sustainable option and can boost the ROI consistently over the years.
Channel your resources to the right audience:
Identifying the right group of audiences for your brand is the first step towards boosting your ROI. Once you know which audience to cater, you can adopt multiple ways to drive the revenue. This brings us to another marketing trick which is channeling your valuable resources to the right audience. If you are not getting satisfying ROI from your current strategy, the chances are that you may be serving the wrong audience.
If you are failing to identify the right audience, you can use tools like Google Analytics which can help you determine the demographics of your website visitors. You can even use the social media channels to learn the correlation between the services you offer and the people who are looking for such services. Try to find the answer to the following questions to have a better view of the big picture.
- What are you serving and who are going to benefit from it?
- What are the possible ways to reach those people?
- Is your service location-specific? If yes, then pinpoint the area.
- When is your target audience more active on the internet?
When you have found answers to these questions, you can streamline your marketing efforts in the more organized way and boost your ROI effectively.
Content marketing is the MVP:
Whether you aware of it or not, more than 90 percent of B2B marketers are practicing content marketing for better ROI. Even 86 percent of the B2C marketers are also doing the same because almost everybody agrees to the fact that content marketing works. In fact, the brands, who haven’t adopted content marketing, exclaim that they are soon going to invest in content marketing activities. The trends also suggest that in 2018 and the next few years, content marketing is going to drive the major portion of ROI for the online brands.
There are plenty of ways to leverage your content marketing activities to ensure ROI optimization. First and foremost tip is to create buyer-centric content. It can be in any format – blogs, articles, podcasts, videos, infographics, white paper, web content and even social media posts. Through valuable content, you can educate, inform and entertain your audience, and build brand loyalty among them.
If you have a limited amount of knowledge about content marketing, you can simply look for the trending topic that the users are consuming these days and prepare a variety of content based on those topics around your services. Tools like BuzzSumo can help you identify the trending topics. Also, it is important to prepare content that your audience can relate to. Publishing content in inaccessible professional language cannot help you fulfill your objectives.
Adopt time-based email marketing for better results:
One of the major misconceptions that you may also have heard is that email marketing is dead. Well, it is not. In fact, it is still considered the most effective medium to convert and nurture leads for a brand. Yes, over the years, it has lost its charm. However, you can improve customer engagement if you can integrate time-based content marketing in your strategy.
Since people access their emails during a particular hour of the day, you need to schedule your emails to your target audiences when they usually check through their inbox. The most challenging part in time-based email marketing is finding out when your customers are most likely to check their inboxes. Since the timing varies from one age group to the other, you need to have a thorough understanding of your target audiences.
Also, you need to follow these tips to conduct a successful email marketing campaign:
- Personalize the email content according to the likes and dislikes of your audience.
- Optimize the emails for mobile devices.
- Create impactful subject lines.
- Combine content marketing with your email marketing.
Since email marketing is more likely to generate leads for you, it is recommended that you invest in this conventional way of marketing if your goal is to optimize your ROI.
Leverage social media marketing for better reach:
It is known to most of us that social media is one of the best places to generate leads, and you can employ that in your brand promotion to boost your ROI to a great extent. Facebook has a massive 1.59 billion monthly users, which is followed by Twitter with 320 million monthly users. So you can understand that reaching the target audience through social media platforms is comparatively easier.
Like the conventional marketing efforts, there are multiple ways to engage your audience through social media marketing campaigns. And to successfully carry that out, you need to develop a powerful social media strategy. Here are several suggestions that you can follow to conduct a successful and rewarding social media marketing campaign.
- Don’t bank on a single platform. Market your brand on all the popular platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Post-buyer-centric actionable content.
- Monitor and evaluate the results frequently.
- Maintain a certain level of communication with your audiences.
You can even use Facebook ads and Google AdWords to drive more traffic from the social media platforms. Perhaps, this is the most convenient method to boost your ROI.
Evaluate the performance of your rivals:
Remember the old proverb “keep your friends close and enemies closer”? In digital marketing, that is one advice that you need to follow religiously. You must be wondering how that is supposed to help you improve your ROI. Well, if you are observant enough, you can learn a lot from your competitors. If one of your competitors are doing great in the market, you can learn how they are doing it and try it yourself to boost your ROI.
As you may have noticed some of the best brands in the world often try to follow the similar strategy to promote their respective brands. Copying your competitor’s strategy is not the ideal way go about it, but you can analyze and learn what activities they are doing to generate better revenues. There are several tools that can help you evaluate the competitors:
- BuzzSumo: While it can help you identify the most trending topics on the internet, it also allows you to track the pieces of content that are shared by your competitors.
- Ahrefs: Backlinking is one of the major activities in SEO management, and Ahrefs allows you to analyze the backlinks of your competitors.
- SEMrush: This tool allows you to have an insight into the best performing keywords used by your competitors.
- RankWatch: This online tool helps you compare your position in the brand battle in terms of rankings, keyword usage and other criteria.
All the information you gather about your competition can help you develop a better marketing strategy which will further go on to optimize your resulting ROI.
Digital marketing, as you may have learned, is an essential part of every successful business of recent times. Since ROI is often measured as the parameter for success, you will also need to invest more efforts on your digital marketing practices to guide your business towards success.
Gracie Anderson is a senior marketer at one of the most reputed IT companies in Australia. She is also associated with MyAssignmenthelp.com as an academic Assignment Helper. She also runs a blogging site where he publishes a new post every week.
Double Your Growth.
We curate the best of inbound marketing news and send over the top 10 we know will contribute to your growth - once a month.